Articles from Master Gao Jiwu
Master Gao has dedicated his life to passing on and promoting his father's art. He has served in a number of posts in the Beijing Baguazhang Research Association and is currently vice-chairman. He is co-founder and deputy principal of the Huairou County Martial Arts School. In 1999 he won the baguazhang section of the Yu Yang Cup traditional martial arst competition and in addition has enjoyed other competition successes. In 2003 he was awarded the rank of 7th Duan Chinese Martial Artist.
Articles from Nigel Sutton
Nigel Sutton is the founder of the Zhong Ding Traditional Chinese Martial Arts Association. He has studied Martial Arts since he was thirteen years old and has trained extensively and intensively with a number of different teachers, many who arelisted in the Technical Advisors and Torchbearer sections of this website. This is a collection of articles written by Nigel. You will also find current articles in the Newsletter section of this website
- From Pushing Hands to Application
- Tai Chi and Tradition in South East Asia by Nigel Sutton (originally publishing in "Tai Chi Chuan", the Journal of the Tai Chi Union for Great Britain in 1994)
- Qigong - An extract from "Searching For The Way: A Martial Arts Odyssey"
- An extract from a forthcoming book entitled "Cheng Man Ching's Taijiquan in Nanyang: The Masters Speak" by Nigel Sutton (An interview with Koh Ah Tee - 1996)
- "The Dao that is Tai Chi Chuan"
- "He Wouldn't Last Long In A Dojo" - Comparisons Between Taijiquan and Other Martial Arts - A Blind Alley
- Iron Shirt Skill: Shaking the World of Chinese Martial Arts (from Shin Min Zhou Kan 22/11/87) Based on an article by Mr Wong Jian Cheng and loosely translated by Nigel Sutton and Tan Mew Hong.
- "Tai Chi Chuan - "The Evolving Art". Since his last interview in 1996 Master Koh Ah Tee's art has progressed and evolved. This latest interview, by Nigel Sutton, presents his current views on his art.
Articles from Other Zhong Ding Instructors and Students
The following articles are by other Zhong Ding Instructors and Students. More recent articles can be found in the Newsletters section of this website
- "The Journey to Becoming a Teacher" by Dave Spencer
- "Quotes From The Masters", by Ian Cassettari
- "Taijiquan Training", by Javier Mesa (click here for a Spanish language version)
- "Tai Chi - A Journey of Discovery" by Anne Whitehead (originally publishing in "Tai Chi Chuan", the Journal of the Tai Chi Union for Great Britain in Autumn/Winter 1998)
- A review of Peter Kautz's "Evolution of the Blade" seminar in London, by Adam Lammiman
- Adam's Training in Malaysia Blog
- Yin Yang Studies
Articles in Memory of Past Masters
The following articles are written following the unfortunate passing of Tai Chi Masters associated with the Zhong Ding organisation