Instructor: Bridget Tayan
I joined Zhong Ding in 2009 when I first took up taichi. I was 55 at the time and had had no previous martial arts experience. However, I was able to take advantage of all that Zhong Ding has to offer, including five trips out to Malaysia to train with Nigel at the training centre, and like to think that I am an example of what can be achieved through hard work and determination. I know that there is still much to learn and I enjoy sharing this journey with my students. I teach Form, weapons forms and meditation.
Qualified to teach:
Place: in the lower rotunda down the colonnade in the Valley Gardens, Harrogate
This class is held outdoors in the lovely surrounding of the Valley Gardens. We are under cover so can train all year round – we just add layers of clothing in the winter.
What you can expect from the Thursday class:
- It is friendly, fun and informative.
- You will have to work hard but you will find it rewarding
- You will be treated as an individual and help and advice will be given at an appropriate level (my classes are mixed-ability/level of experience)
- Most of the time is spent on the basics to help improve posture, balance, leg strength, co-ordination and awareness but we also look at martial applications too.
- During a class we will do a warm up followed by some qigong exercises before practising/learning the Cheng Man-ch’ing Form. This involves practising parts of the form and then the whole form together with a specific focus. We also do a lot of pair work and sometimes some weapon training.
- After class we retire to the café for coffee and a chat (optional)
Price £5 (You only need to pay if you come.)